12.12.2009

Lucky Bamboo is NOT Lucky for Me

Meow and nosey-nosey!
The Friday morning before Thanksgiving, I decided I was going to begin to jump on the taller pieces of furniture in mom's room. I attempted the dresser and made it! I was so excited to explore all of mom's stuff up there-- jewelry, make up, and some sort of plant! Us cats have a natural desire to eat greens and so I began to chomp on mom's "Lucky Bamboo" (dracaena plant). I liked it! But mom got upset! She spent some time looking up information on her laptop and began to get very worried. "Abey," she said. "You ate a toxic plant!" Very quickly she called the vet and decided she had to take me in to the cat hospital. So we headed to the vet. He was a strange man and poked on me and then shut me in a cage for a long time. The hospital people put something sharp in my leg. It hurt! I didn't see mom again until it was dark. After she picked me up, mom explained that the vet had told her he would watch me all day and make sure I was okay. Apparently the sharp thing that hurt me was an IV for fluids to make sure I wouldn't get dehydrated if I got sick from the plant!
Mom moved the plant and has bought me wheat grass to munch on instead!
Mom wanted me to add something about making sure to check to see if your houseplants are safe for your cats on ASPCA! Even though I got actually did get lucky and didn't get sick, I don't want any of my fellow felines to have to make a trip to the vet because of a silly plant!
Meow and nosey-nosey!
Abey

No comments:

Post a Comment