11.15.2009

Nosey-Nosey

Nosey-nosey is, afterall, how us cats greet each other. But in people terms, "hello!"
My name is Abey (short for Abelard). Mom named me after some human medieval historical figure I don't know about, but she says it fits me because the man was loyal, smart, stubborn, and a bit of a trouble maker. Mom found me at Oak Glen four weeks ago. I was the last of four kittens being given away. My brother and sisters had already been taken. Mom says she just couldn't leave me, so that's how I got my new home. I was rather skittish at first, but pretty soon Mom and I got along famously.
This week, I am 11 weeks old! Apparently that means that I'm the equivalent to a 7 or 8 year old person. Mom says that explains why I'm so ridiculously rambunctious. I don't think I'm that bad. Although occasionally I do play with the curtains and climb on the dinning room chairs when I know I'm not supposed to... But sometimes I think it is funny to see Mom annoyed with me!
One of my favourite things to do is sit up in the window next to Mom's bed. Yesterday was a windy day and I wanted to go out and play with the leaves so bad! But Mom says I'm only an indoor cat and that outside is too dangerous for kittens. I'm a scrapper! I think I could handle it!
Aside from the window, I like to play with my toys. I have a ribbon, a vibrating lady bug toy, bell balls, a cat-nip mouse, and even a feather toy! My feather toy doesn't have many feathers left on it, though... I chewed them off. I want a new one! Oh! Mom got me a playhouse, too! It has a hanging bell ball, a scratcher, and ribbons on it. Sometimes I go inside the playhouse and chase my tail. Its fun to run round and round inside it!
Well, it was nice to meet you! I have some serious playing to do right now, so I will have to come back and tell you more about my life later.
Meow and nosey-nosey!
Abey

2 comments: